Getting affected by a car accident is a traumatizing process which can leave serious effects on the brain and body. As a consequence, the life of affected person may change. The danger is still there for the accidents which involve low speed and minimal injuries. You may get your neck or spine injured and it might take a few days to know about the issues due to fear and stress in mind.
So, it’s critical to undergo a medical checkup within 72 hours after the accident. The reason is that an injury such as whiplash can remain undetected for a few days to a few weeks. The most common signs that you have had a whiplash are as under.
- Neck pain
- Blurred vision
- Restricted motion in the neck
- Shoulder pain
- Lower back pain
- Stiffness in the neck
- Pain in the arm
Remember, the whiplash is easily treatable when you visit the chiropractor within 72 hours after the accident.
Some facts about car accidents and chiropractic care are as under.
- Your car may remain safe during the accident but it doesn’t mean that you are completely out of danger. The bumpers are made to absorb the shock but they still let a lot of motion to travel through the car. And this motion also travels through your body, putting you at the risk of having internal injuries. Hence, you need to visit the chiropractor right after the accident.
- Your seat belts may be effective in keeping you safe from being thrown out of the car and even thrown against the steering wheel; the seat belt itself can cause injury to your shoulders and arms. Hence, the risk of whiplash remains there.
- In case of a minor accident, the resultant pain can take up to 10 days to occur. It can take weeks for the pain to arise as a result to injuries to ligaments, tendons and muscles.
- The pain resulted due to even the minor accidents can take up to a few weeks to get treated with the help of chiropractic care. Hence, consistent attention is required.
- When the car accident happens, the head is usually jarred in the forward direction. Since it is the unexpected movement, the head and neck are more like to have injuries. Therefore, visiting the chiropractor right after accident is imperative in order to ensure that you are not badly affected.
Accidents, even the most minor ones, are no joke. If you have happened to be in one of them, you need to get the chiropractic attention from ChiropractoR even if you are not feeling any kind of pain right after the accident.