There are several ways to market your chiropractic business and increase your brand awareness. However, when it comes to optimizing your marketing, how do you know which one is best for your company? Well, it really depends on the nature of your business and what you are looking to accomplish. There may not be a single technique that you should employ, and it might be more of combining all of them.
Let’s dive in and take a look at the various ways to marketing your chiropractic business so you can customize your overall marketing strategy.
- Chiropractic SEO. Chiropractic SEO, or search engine optimization, is the process of optimizing your chiropractic website’s content in a list of organic search results on a search engine. This is primarily done through tag selection, keyword, backlinks, and high quality content. The ideal goal with chiropractic SEO is to bring your company’s website to the top of the search list without having to pay for ads.
- Search Engine Marketing. SEM, like SEO, focuses on optimizing search results organically however it also incorporates paid advertising. These are the results that pop up at the very top of your search engine results page (SERP) and generally have bold text underneath them with a symbol indicating they are a paid ad. With SEM, you also optimize your chance of retargeting people who have previously searched for your chiropractic business.
- Social Media. Social media is a highly sought after marketing technique because it is free. More and more people are turning to pages such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIN, and Twitter for informative content, business reviews, and relevant news updates. People love social media because it allows them to interact with other people. Having a strong presence on social media can help you to engage with your followers and promote your company’s information while simultaneously providing useful information about overall health and wellness.
- Social Media Marketing. SMM is similar to SEM, except on social media sites. SMM are the paid ads you see while searching Facebook and other social media sites and they tend to blend in with the overall flow of the site. For instance, if you have recently been googling great chiropractors in your area, a paid SMM ad will show up in your Facebook news feed. This form of marketing is generally more cost effective than SEM.
So, which one do you choose? As a Chiropractic company, it is probably wisest to begin with chiropractic SEO as well as social media. As your company grows and expands and the budget allows for it, you may find yourself wanting to expand into SEM and SMM.
Search for a high quality SEO provider that will work hard on your company’s behalf. Employ a talented marketing team to run your social media sites in order to optimize them to their fullest potential.
Link building is incredibly important when it comes to your company’s chiropractic SEO. It always has been, and always will be the most important part of search engine optimization. Having quality links gives your company higher rankings within Google’s search algorithm. Many companies use the old school methods of link building, but nowadays it is suggested to shy away from those methods.
Search engines are learning to crack down on those commonly used ‘old hat’ techniques, such as link exchanges and paid anchor placements. Read on to learn ways to be strategic in your link building.
- Partner With the Right Folks. It is important that your chiropractic SEO is being run by niche-specific influencers. They have the right connections, and provide information that is relevant to the people you are trying to reach. All in all, they will be more likely to trust information coming from them rather than random sponsored posts.
- Utilize Local Relationships. Partner up with local organizations to gain backlinks from their sites. Focus on smaller, locally owned businesses rather than large corporations and contribute to local blogs. Another idea is to host an event that caters to small businesses in order to gain access to links from the event’s sponsorship page.
- Implement the Skyscraper Technique. No need to reinvent the wheel, because this one is proven to work. First, discover what the top-performing content is within your niche, then create something better, and finally promote your content by outreaching through email and social media.
- Create a Resource Page. By creating a page on your own site that lists the top businesses within your niche in your area, you will gain even more backlinks. Other companies, even those that compete with yours, will link to your resource page due to all of the useful information that you put out there. For example, if you are a chiropractic office, create a list of the best chiropractic and wellness providers in your area.
- Premium Content. To really gain backlinks from major publications and leaders in the blog industry, you need to create amazing premium content. Rather than giving out tips and tricks here and there that you pulled from other sites, put some serious thought into the content. For example, provide white papers, case studies, podcasts, in depth blog posts, e-books, infographics, and resource pages. Although this will take a bit more time, your chances of getting backlinked to major sites will be greatly improved for your chiropractic SEO.
You are many steps of others by already understanding the dire importance of utilizing your chiropractic SEO to its fullest. You are doing everything right, at least according to what you’ve read on how to be successful in this arena. You see success because of this, however, you still aren’t getting the exact results you are looking for.
What gives? Perhaps it is time to research how you can strengthen your already awesome chiropractic SEO and make it the best it can possibly be. Look no further, because we did the research for you.
- Content. How relevant is your current content? As far as content goes, you need to make sure that the information you are putting out there is what people are actually searching for. This may take some time and effort, but will be well worth it. Rather than putting out information at random, answer questions that people have. Some common examples: Why is chiropractic care necessary? How does chiropractic care improve my overall wellness? Why is chiropractic care typically overlooked or not recognized as valuable? Is chiropractic care really a hoax? How will chiropractic care make my body function at its best?
- Social Media Promotion. Every single time you add to your blog or put information out there on the world-wide web, do not forget to promote this information via social media. Tweet the link, Facebook the Link, Link in bio on Instagram, etc. This information will not magically land in people’s hands; you must tell people it is out there.
- Social Media Engagement. Although you should utilize your social media avenues to promote your practice and get information out there, you should only do this 20% of the time. If you want people to actually like you and pay attention to you, the remaining 80% should be focused on engaging with your following. Interact with them, provide them other helpful information in the community, post funny videos, post health tips, etc. Do not take advantage of your platform by making it all about you.
- User Experience Optimization. Not only must you provide awesome content and clearly promote your services on your website, but your site must be easy to navigate. Make sure that you use a format that is mobile friendly. Have tabs that indicate different categories so everything is easy to locate. If people feel overwhelmed by your website, they are likely not to return.
Nowadays, it is simply not enough to expect your business to grow by word of mouth or ads in the paper. First of all, who reads the paper anyways? Second of all, printed marketing is slowly dying. More and more people are turning to the world wide web when they are looking for helpful information, including where they can go when they wake up with a sore neck. If your chiropractic practice isn’t rising to the top of Google searches, you are ultimately losing business to someone else. It is important that you invest into online SEO, as it will greatly increase the number of times your website is landed upon, viewed, and ultimately the number of patients you receive.
What is SEO, you ask? SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. SEO is the process of affecting the visibility of a website, aka how often a specific site is being viewed and how frequently the site appears in search lists. There are many tactics used by online SEO in order to promote how often a website is viewed and rises to the top of search lists. Many companies employ SEO companies to ensure that their business is getting the most from its online presence.
SEO – Search Engine Optimization
When people search for ‘chiropractor’, thousands upon thousands of results will pop up on Google. If you want people in your area to see your practice pop up on the top of the list, SEO is a must. People, on average, will consider the first 2-5 results that come up on the screen. They are not going to spend hours flipping through pages of google. SEO should be your main focus if you want to be one of those first 2-5 results.
This is where EliteChiropracticMarketing.com steps in. Elite Chiropractic Marketing is an online SEO company that will implement SEO tactics utilizing your current web page in order to promote your views and ultimately number of patients you see. Elite Chiropractic Marketing has demonstrated success by ranking Page 1 Spot 1 of Google for many Chiropractic companies and ultimately generating massive amounts of new patients per month.
At the end of the day, if you are not utilizing online SEO then you are not getting the maximum amount of patients to your office. If you want to be known in your community, if you want your practice to grow, and if you want to get quick results by having someone else put forth the effort, SEO from EliteChiropracticMarketing.com is for you!
Once the decision has been made to maximize the available use of free social media marketing for your Chiropractic office, you must first decide your strategy. If you go at your marketing plan haphazardly, your end results will not be targetable.
At EliteChiropracticMarketing.com we have put together an easy step-by-step guide to creating and executing a strategy for your social media marketing.
- Optimal Patients. It is useless to try and market your Chiropractic office to the entire social media database. You will run yourself ragged, and get no where in the end. It is much more ideal to target the optimal patient; the one that you want to come in to your office for services or that will refer your services to friends and family. You can target your optimal patients by doing searches on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. You can search different topics such as “chiropractor” or “back pain” to find conversations that people have had. You can also search specific hashtags to land on your optimal patients. Last but not least, once you have found them, don’t hesitate to befriend them or reach out to them by providing them helpful information as a solution to a problem they may have (e. chronic pain).
- Your main objective in your social media strategy should be to constantly gain new followers, new referrals, and new clients. You want to be a leader in your community and ‘the place’ to go for overall wellness and chiropractic care.
- Online Tactics. In order to meet your objective, you should aim to maximize your use of online capabilities. For a good social media strategy, one will have a blog on a site such as WordPress or Blogspot. One will also participate in microblogging, which is done via Twitter. Microblogging is like a blog, only it is broken up and sent out throughout the day. Thirdly you want to utilize all social networks: Facebook, LinkedIN, Instagram & Google+. And lastly, use video social networks such as YouTube, Vine, and Vimeo.
- Marketing Tactics done Offline. In addition to maximizing your online presence, it is also wise to participate in activities such as local tradeshows, conferences, health fairs, and so on. The more you get the face of your brand out there, the more people will know and recognize it.
- Measure your ROI. Last but not least, you want to be able to assess how your marketing tactics provide a return on investment for your business. It is important to measure this in each of your marketing efforts. For example, if your goal was to increase the number of clients with microblogging, take a measurement of how many new clients you received as a result of microblogging.
Nowadays, one of the most effective, popular, and free way to effectively market your company is through the use of social media. Are you looking for ways to grow your practice? If so, social media is the answer for you. Many chiropractic offices are using social media to promote awareness of their practice, get new patients in the door, and ultimately grow their business.
Social media is 100% worth your time educating yourself on and implementing in today’s day in age where technology runs the world.
- Save money While Simultaneously Increasing Effectiveness. Social media is free. This reason alone is enough to be implementing it in some way, form or fashion. The negligence to use free marketing tools is a mistake you do not want to make. In addition to saving money, social media is an increasingly effective marketing tool as it has been proven to reach more people and work better than previously used Chiropractic marketing techniques. However, although social media is free, you must still take the time and resources to invest in creating a professional overall brand. This can be done with a customized, hi-res logo and a nicely done website.
- Get Your Information in the Right Hands Faster. Older forms of marketing, such as news paper or magazine ads or even radio ads, all require quite a bit of a process. First the information must be submitted, then approved, and then there is a waiting period until it goes into print or is aired. Once it is released, you are left to hope that it gets into the proper hands. With social media, you know that the marketing information is being released and seen immediately.
- Know Your Target Audience. Previously done chiropractic marketing techniques that were shown to be ineffective were this way largely in part that the information was untargeted and to too broad of an audience. With a little research and a few internet searches, you can customize your target audience. You will also be able to track and see who exactly is following you. The question of ‘where is this information going?’ will never be one to ask.
- Locate Feedback. You can easily monitor the perception others have of your practice, such as your current patient base, prospected patient base, and even your competitors by doing a search to see what people are saying. Search specific hashtags for quick feedback.
It is one thing to bring a new patient into your office for Chiropractic care, and it is a whole separate thing to get that patient to continue getting treatments at your practice. In addition to being awesome at what you do, you will also need to be wise in the marketing department. At EliteChiropracticMarketing.com, we know just the way to best utilize marketing skills in order to gain repeated business at your Chiropractic office.
First of all, you must stay in contact with your patients as best as you can. Encourage your patients to like your Facebook page. Hand out a business card that lists your contact information, website, and social media sites you are a part of. Get their email address as part of the mandatory initial paperwork so you can keep them aware of special promotions, office hours, blog posts, and newsletters. Be careful, however, because eblasts can be a double edged sword if you let them. The best way to send out emails is as infrequently enough to keep them interested, without over doing it and causing them to become annoyed. Many times people will unsubscribe if they feel they are being inundated with information.
Secondly, you must be wise in the types of discounts you offer. Consider offering your treatments in a package plan, where if they buy a ‘bundle’ up front, they will save 10% on the entirety of the treatments. Hand out ‘frequent patient’ coupons where once they collect a certain amount, they receive a free treatment or an introduction discount to another treatment or service you offer. In that case it will be a win-win for everyone.
Lastly, you must treat your patients as if they were gold itself. Make them feel like they are the most important people in the room. Remember their name, their occupation, and their children’s name. Encourage them to bring in family members and spend time speaking with them. Manage your flow of patients by not overbooking so you can give each patient the concentrated time he or she deserves. No one wants to feel as if they are just a number that comes in and out the door. They want to feel like they matter and like you care. Make each customer feel like they belong at your office, and don’t give them any reasons not to want to come back to see you again!